The body mass index or BMI Invented in the 1840s allows you to know if your weight is ideal , in other words, if it is adapted to your size. This indicator is used by doctors to assess nutritional status. It thus makes it possible to recognize under nutrition, thinness, overweight or obesity . The BMI calculation , validated by the WHO, is based on a simple mathematical formula.
Because weight alone is not enough to diagnose obesity , overweight or excessive thinness; The body mass index (BMI) is a more reliable indicator than weight to assess your build. Man or woman, calculate your BMI in one click and discover its meaning according to the classification of the World Health Organization (WHO).
The body mass index calculator (BMI) allows you to quickly assess your body size simply with your weight and height, regardless of your gender. Quickly calculate your BMI and find out which category you fall into.
The body mass index (BMI) is the only index validated by the World Health Organization to assess the build of an individual and therefore the possible health risks. BMI helps determine if you are underweight, overweight or obese.
Body Mass Index Calculator Tool
Calculate your body mass index by following three simple steps:
- Select from the metric or standard measurement systems.
- Input your full body weight, height.
- Click on the “Calculate” button to generate the results.
Your BMI is......
Body Mass Index Calculator (BMI)
less than 18.5: Underweight
18.5 - 24.9: Normal weight
25 - 29.9: Overweight
30 - 34.9: Class I Obese
35 - 39.9: Class II Obese
40 upwards: Class III Obese
Your BMI is......
Other Health Tools:
- Protein Intake Calculator
- Water Intake Calculator
- Body Fat Calculator
- Pregnancy Calculator
- Time Calculator
Related Articles to read:
- 10 Important Tips and Rules For Healthy Eating
- Weight Loss: 5 Tips To Lose Weight Quickly
- Lose Weight With These 6 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- 10 Best Ingredients For a Healthy Breakfast
- 10 Tips To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- 7 Best Sugar Alternatives You Should Know
- Salt Effects On The Body & 7 Signs You Eat Too Much Salt